- Reaction: Pennsylvania Health Access Network says ‘good first step'
- Reaction: Pennsylvania Medical Society likes loan forgiveness, increased residencies for students
- Reaction: Hospital Association approves of the plan
- Medicaid expansion — with conditions
- Reaction: Pennsylvania Chamber of Business and Industry, ‘Proposal warrants federal approval’
We salute the ‘Healthy Pa.’ initiative which Gov. Tom Corbett announced. It’s a thoughtful, innovative approach to expanding access to high quality, affordable health care for all Pennsylvanians.
“As our nation experiences the most sweeping transformation of health care in decades, the governor’s multi-faceted initiative advocates expanding the number of children covered by CHIP, funding clinics, leveraging technology, as well as promoting public health, and expanding coverage to the uninsured in Pennsylvania. Improving the quality of care, finding affordable ways to expand coverage to needy residents, and reining in medical costs is vital to the economic and social well-being of our state and is consistent with the mission of Independence Blue Cross to enhance the health and wellness of the people and communities we serve.
“We support health-care reform that provides not only Pennsylvanians but all Americans access to affordable, quality health care regardless of health status. We stand ready to work with the Corbett Administration as these proposals move forward.
— Daniel J. Hilferty, president and CEO of
Philadelphia-based Independence Blue Cross